Changing what isn’t working to something that works better is the catalyst for growth and progression in life.
Last Friday I went to yoga class, and it WAS NOT FUN! Everything was hard, my joints ached, I had no energy and my body just plain DIDN”T FEEL LIKE IT WAS MINE. I’m used to being very active but over the last year, I have noticed my body is changing. Well, I know enough about health to know that inflammation was the cause and it was kicking my hiney! It was creating pain and it was limiting my ability to do the things that I wanted to do and I didn’t like it! My mind started to go to the place of, you’re turning 50 in a few months, this is just what 50 feels like. Well, any of you that know me, know that I DO NOT LIKE TO FEEL LIMITED! That’s why I’m a Transformational Abundance coach. I believe that life is meant to be abundant in all areas, and if you are willing to do what it takes to create abundance you can have it! I wasn’t going to “buy into” the limiting belief that being 50, or older for that matter, has to be painful, limiting, and no fun! So even though I already eat pretty healthy, there are obviously foods that I am eating that are breaking my body down rather then building it up. In that moment I decided that I was going to take it to the next step and eat mostly vegetables, with a little bit of meat. I knew that I could use muscle testing (if you want to learn how to use muscle testing in your life click here) to determine whether a food would cause inflammation in body and I would rather EAT TO LIVE a pain free, full of energy life, rather than LIVE TO EAT foods that don’t contribute to my overall health and wellbeing. This meant that I was going to have to not eat two foods that I absolutely LOVE to eat this time of year, which are corn on the cob and peaches. You might be saying, “But Janette those are healthy foods.” Yes they are IF they don’t cause inflammation in your body, unfortunately for me they do. In my mind I associated inflammatory foods such as sugar, flour, some fruits, and corn with pain, low energy, limitation and NO FUN! And I have been surprised that the desire to eat those things isn’t even there! My husband brought home some decadent, moist german chocolate cake from an event last night, something that normally would look good to me, and while I knew it would taste good for a few seconds, the results longterm, are too big of a price to pay for a few seconds of pleasure!
ARE YOU READY TO DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND AND DECIDE THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?
Then I encourage you to ask yourself the following questions and decide that life is too precious to go on creating the results that are not serving your mind, body or spirit and COMMIT to do something about it RIGHT NOW!
- What in your life are you ready to change? What is limiting your life from being more abundant with love, money, time, purpose, fulfillment or good health as you would like?
- What physical, emotional or spiritual pain is this creating?
- Is there anything you fear about making this change? (I had to decide that I would let go of the fear that my husband would be unhappy with me if I was eating differently than he chooses to eat. I also had to decide that he can make what he wants and let go of my limiting belief that as his wife I am supposed to make him happy by cooking what he likes.)
- What would your life look like, feel like, and be like if you made the change?
- What are you going to have to give up, or do differently, to achieve this change?
- What are you ready, willing and able to do today, right now, in this moment to begin to make this change?
Change starts with a thought. I started this journey of change with the thought that I refuse to be limited by pain, discomfort and low energy! Then I identified all of the foods that were contributing to those symptoms and associated the pain that I was feeling in my body with all of those symptoms. I am happy to report that I am on my fourth day and I am already feeling less achy and more energized and empowered! GO ME!